- 150g self raising flour
- 30g sugar (preferably Caster, but Demerara is also fine)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100ml cold milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 dessert spoon of jam
- Fresh fruit, sliced
- Icing sugar, to dust
- Warm the oven.
- Sieve the dry ingredients into a bowl. Mix, then make a well in the centre.
- Add the large egg and milk, and beat the ingredients into a thick batter. If the batter is too runny, add more flour; if too stodgy, add milk.
- In a large frying pan, heat a little oil. Add a tablespoon of batter to the pan, and shape into a circle. Fry for 2-3 minutes, then flip with a spatula. Fry on the other side until golden brown, then transfer to a plate. Keep going until you have enough pancakes, keeping the cooked pancakes warm in a preheated oven.
- Stack the pancakes, dust with icing sugar, and spoon over the jam. Add the fresh fruit, and serve.